Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hope and a future

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

not really quite sure where to even begin. my heart is so full of emotions right now. about a week and a half ago i found out that the vice principal at the kids school was being moved to a head principal position at another county school. the principal there was having health issues and had to resign unexpectedly. i was very sad when i found out this news. Mrs. McCoy had become my friend this past year while we had had our struggles with garret. i felt like maybe all that we went through last year was so that i could have met Mrs. McCoy. i have so much respect for her. she was a great vice principal, so personable, so caring and a heart for the lord that just drew me to her.

so jump up to today, garret comes flying in the car with a HUGE smile on his face. he tells me, " you know how mrs. mccoy got moved to a new school, well mrs. sunshine (his third grade teacher) is going to be the new vice principal, AND mrs. Marshall (his second grade teacher) is going to be my new third grade teacher." at this point i am crying like a baby. he kind of gives me a funny look and i realize i need to tell him im crying because im happy! i reach over the seat and give him a huge hug. GOD IS SO GOOD! i tell him this through my tears and then i call dave, mom, and my good friend. i could have called everyone one on my contact list, i was so excited. Mrs. Marshall was garrets second grade teacher for the second half of the year. you can read all about her awesomeness here. :)

although i had been asking God lots of whys lately i feel i got my answer today. and it had been there all along, right in his word in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

his plans are better than mine, when i get sad because things aren't turning out like i had planned he has something already in the details and this time around his plans have just blown me away. i will still miss Mrs. McCoy but i know that this is a good move for her and Gods plans are just the same for her. to proser her and give her hope and a future.

looks like we are destined to be VOLS fans after all.

LORD, thank you so much for your amazing hand in our life. I felt it so clearly today. You are all i need, you are an amazing God.


5 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! How wonderful! I am so happy for you all!

Emily S said...

awesome! Wow! God is good! :)

Linda said...

I love that verse in Jeremiah, and have been reminded of it so very often. What a blessing and cause for celebration today! I am so happy for Garret...and for you! Beautiful post and a wonderful lesson on trusting God.

Ruth Poirier said...

I'm so glad you got this posted so soon. I have shared this God story already several times. Thank you for your testimony of how we can rest in HIM and know HE has a better plan than we could have thought of.

leah said...

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! God is so good